Shop the post:
Hey friends! Happy Friday, we made it! So today is my 20th birthday and I am so excited to finally be out of my “teen” years! I haven’t considered myself a teen for a while now, but I’m happy to be out of those years that end in a “teen” 😉 I feel like I’m somewhat of an old soul, so turning 20 feels like it’s been a long time coming, and most of my friends are already 20 or turning 21 in a few months.
So to celebrate, other than a trip to the spa and a nice dinner, I thought it would be fun to share 20 things you may or may not know about me! Since I’m a bit of a busy bee on my birthday, I will go ahead and get this going! Bare with me, 20 is a lot more than you may think, but I’ve tried to keep this entertaining as well.
- I was actually born in Memphis, TN! I was a little southern baby and really embraced it, until we moved away right about the same time I started saying I was “fixin'” to do things, according to my parents.
- If you follow me, you know I have a yellow lab named Timber! Something you may not know is that she is my family’s second lab. When I was about 3 years old, we got Cocoa and she was with us for 14 years! I could never live without a dog, particularly a lab.
- Timber, my labrador baby girl, is named after the Portland Timbers soccer team! A lot of people think she’s a boy, but the name really does suit her.
- I have moved about 7 times! Here’s how it went: Memphis, TN to Denver, CO, to a couple places in Nashville TN, to Marin County in CA, to Bentonville, AR, to Portland, OR! I have literally been all over.
- I secretly miss the South. There’s something about that southern charm that I just long for. I love the casual vibe of the West Coast, but sometimes wish I could experience that southern charm again. All the Mrs. and Mr.’s and preppy clothes kind of has me hooked!
- Children’s movies are my guilty pleasure. Am I the only one on this? I think it may be because I was too busy playing dress up when I was little to watch television, but I love turning on kid’s movies when I’m working or laying in bed–they’re always really cute and just light hearted.
- I absolutely hate running! If you’re gonna hear 20 things about me, this one has to be in there. When I was probably about 7 years old, I had finished a soccer game and said to my parents, “I like soccer, just not the running part,” and that was the end of my sports career!
- My favorite food is pasta! I am a pasta freak. I would eat it (and have eaten it) for every meal of the day. Also, literally only buttered noodles with cheese on top. Am I really turning 20 or 2?
- Pringles are also a favorite guilty food choice. When I was super little I told my grandma that if I didn’t get a Pringle I would have a heart attack! I just might have, that’s how much I love them.
- I honestly don’t have a favorite color, and kind of dislike that question! I love blue but would never wear it as a lipstick, you get what I’m getting at? Pink is sort of an overall pleaser for me, as it works for almost everything!
- I’ve been a dancer ever since I could walk (and will always consider myself a dancer). Since I stated that running is not my thing, I do feel grateful that I was given the ability to dance, which I am aware is not an ability everyone was gifted with 😉
- On the note of dancing, I have done everything including tap, jazz, ballet, pointe, lyrical, hip-hop, modern, contemporary, pom, you name it, I’ve probably done it! And I loved it. I would compete in competitions until I joined the high school dance team and won two state championships!
- Given the choice between mountains and water, I’d choose water! I love the mountains, but I find bodies of water so so relaxing and beautiful.
- I. Love. Coffee. Love love love it. To be honest, I rarely drink it just for the caffeine kick. I literally love the taste. And I’m a bit of a snob about it now. I love a nice black cup of coffee from the best roasters.
- The 80’s is my jam. Mostly talking music here, but I always think that I was born in the wrong generation (mostly in regards of technology though). College parties could really step it up if they played some of the classic 80’s jams!!
- My ultimate favorite tv show is a tie between One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls. I could watch every season of each show probably infinite times without getting sick of it.
- Brooke Davis (Sophia Bush) is my girl crush. I say Brooke Davis first even though that’s the name of her character on One Tree Hill, but her character is so amazing I don’t know how she couldn’t be everyone’s girl crush. Sophia Bush is, though, amazing and does so much activism work for just about everything.
- I wanted to write my favorite season, but I really don’t have one! I wish I did, but every time I feel I’ve made a choice I just remember something about another season I love. Fall is beautiful, but summer is so warm and fun, and winter has snow and Christmas, so it’s a big toss up!
- My favorite music is pop! I kind of hate admitting this because I know there are so many other genres that deserve more appreciation probably, but I love a good song I can turn on in the car and jam to, which usually ends up being pop.
- I a mix between an introvert and an extrovert. I used to be total extrovert but now I’ve grown to really appreciate my quiet time and to just chill!
There ya have it! 20 (long, I apologize) things about me! I’m off to celebrate and enjoy finally being in my ’20’s’. Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!